Dear readers, I’ve missed you!!
Thursday, we were preparing for a big big interview (and I forgot to go to school)
Friday, we had the interview and things went really well. I even bought a new outfit for it:
Saturday, we had friends over for a game night (after iaido, of course)
Sunday, I had a coffee date with friends
AND made a new friend by responding favorably to a request made by an old friend.
Today, I reinvented myself at work and have no pictures to show for it!
I have this, though:
Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
1 lb ground beef, (supreme lean)
2 zucchini, sliced, grilled, and sweated
Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Tomato basil tortilla shells
This recipe came about because I was supposed to make zucchini lasagna. Then I realized that it takes almost two hours for that recipe.
1. Slice and grill zucchini, as if you’re still thinking you could make this “lasagna” thing work. Should take less than 5 minutes or so before you realize you’re already hungry.
2. Brown ground beef as if you’ve given up on lasagna and have switched gears to spaghetti. Drain, and return to the pan.
3. Add grilled zucchini to the pan with the beef.
4. Add spaghetti sauce (I like Newman’s Own Garlic variety) to beef and heat until simmering. Realize you didn’t boil water for noodles.
5. Rummage around in the fridge and figure that tomato basil tortillas are PROBABLY tasty with what you’re working with so far. Get ’em out.
6. Spread a thin layer of ricotta on the tortilla. Top with ground beef. Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella. Roll it up like a burrito.
[optional: top with more beef and cheese and eat it with a fork]
Tastes like a lasagna burrito, lol