My day is going so well 😀 I put my standing station back up… I don’t know why I thought I had to take it down, but it’s back 🙂
Snack is laughing cow and ritz, lunch is Maria and Ricardo’s tomato & basil tortillas with mozzarella and turkey. A side of grape tomatoes.
My sleep/exercise/work/study/game schedule is all out of whack thanks to the 4-day/5-night weekend I had last week…. Today, I start getting it back by getting in a little workout–even just 10 minutes worth, to start establishing that routine again. Today it was a brief bosu bash, followed up by cereal, a chiropractor visit, work, study, iaido, and hopefully bed by 9:40pm.
I’ve turned all of my alarms back on (and there ARE a lot of them..) so hopefully that helps.
This guy really likes fruit cups ..
Breakfast was a French toast tornado
Snack was a chocolate bar (oops)
Lunch was left over spaghetti
Snack is another fruit cup.
Dear readers, I’ve missed you!!
Thursday, we were preparing for a big big interview (and I forgot to go to school)
Friday, we had the interview and things went really well. I even bought a new outfit for it:
Saturday, we had friends over for a game night (after iaido, of course)
Sunday, I had a coffee date with friends
AND made a new friend by responding favorably to a request made by an old friend.
Today, I reinvented myself at work and have no pictures to show for it!
I have this, though:
Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
1 lb ground beef, (supreme lean)
2 zucchini, sliced, grilled, and sweated
Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Tomato basil tortilla shells
This recipe came about because I was supposed to make zucchini lasagna. Then I realized that it takes almost two hours for that recipe.
1. Slice and grill zucchini, as if you’re still thinking you could make this “lasagna” thing work. Should take less than 5 minutes or so before you realize you’re already hungry.
2. Brown ground beef as if you’ve given up on lasagna and have switched gears to spaghetti. Drain, and return to the pan.
3. Add grilled zucchini to the pan with the beef.
4. Add spaghetti sauce (I like Newman’s Own Garlic variety) to beef and heat until simmering. Realize you didn’t boil water for noodles.
5. Rummage around in the fridge and figure that tomato basil tortillas are PROBABLY tasty with what you’re working with so far. Get ’em out.
6. Spread a thin layer of ricotta on the tortilla. Top with ground beef. Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella. Roll it up like a burrito.
[optional: top with more beef and cheese and eat it with a fork]
Tastes like a lasagna burrito, lol
Just coffee, cereal, and blackberries to start my day. Technically my day started at 8, not 11, but I got some homework, some reading, and an episode of The Mindy Project out of the way before sitting down to eat.
I put a lot of time and effort into crafting this latest blog entry–and for good reason. It’s all about body love/hate vs motivation to lose weight. If you’re intrested in knowing where I’m at (and where I’ve been) on this weight loss journey of mine, I encourage you to check out my latest post at the main blog: http://megsfitness.wordpress.com
It’s like a mantra:
“I will not eat this whole sleeve of crackers.
I will not eat this whole sleeve of crackers.
I will not eat this whole sleeve of crackers.”
I will, however, get a lot done today. I’ve got the day off to get things in order, and, dang it, that’s what I’ll do.